"Martin Lindstrom understood the wisdom of the Net before most of us. Now he's sharing his best wisdom with you. Don't miss out!" - Seth Godin, Author of Permission Marketing & Unleashing the Ideavirus
An introduction to Clicks, Bricks & Brands
The world's most controversial marriage is currently taking place: The union between offline and online businesses. Will the two survive the marriage?
What direction will traditional retailing take over the next few years? And what roles are e-tailers facing, with low earnings, weak distribution and limited consumer support?
In this, his second groundbreaking book, Martin Lindstrom offers the reader a fascinating insight into the development of clicks-&-mortar businesses. With and intriguing mix of theory, case study, practical advice and hot updates weekly on the DualBookTM website, one of the worlds most respected Internet gurus consolidates his web genius and international marketing experience to bring retailers and dot.com companies a clear picture of how to make successful clicks-&-mortar marriages.
Lindstrom's exclusive case studies reveal how leading e-tailers, like drugstore.com and Toys "R" Us, initiated marriages with offline retailers and weathered the conversion to clicks-&-mortar businesses. Conversely, candid exposes about Nokia and Tesco illustrate how these major retailers wooed online e-tailers and made transition from exclusively offline operations to clicks-&-mortar partnerships.
Two of the world's most respected online and marketing gurus, Don Pepper and Martha Rogers, famed for their invention of the term 1-to-1TM marketing, have lent their support to Clicks, Bricks & Brands - a bible for every business-to-consumer company that aims to gain strong market share in the century of clicks-&-mortar business.
What to expect from Clicks, Bricks & Brands
The book goes behind the fact that....
The book helps you to understand how to...
- 58% of all consumers demand same-day fulfillment on prescription drugs but that only 5% of all consumers demand a less than 72-hour fulfillment on toy and books?
- 72% of all B-to-C Clicks-&-Mortar plays survive compared to 21% B-to-C pure dot.com plays
- 35% of consumers check the net before purchasing
- 67% of all consumers are less likely to drive several miles to reach hyper store than they were five years ago!
- 18% less is spend on marketing by Bricks-&-Mortar businesses compared with pure dot.com plays
- 81% of consumers shopping baskets get filled with replacement items
- 24% of the eteens don't trust the Internet and that in
- 45% of cases e-teens prefer to shop at a Clicks-&-Mortar site rather than a pure net site
- 80% of today's broker transactions occur online. But 70% of all new accounts are opened face to face
- Create a successful merger between offline and online
- Retain both your online and offline consumers and make the purchase even more
- Leverage on the appearance of m-commerce and make money at the same time.
- Establish a trusted online brand despite the fact that no consumer today trusts the Internet.
- Ensure that e-tailers will start making money
- Ensure that traffic is generated between the online and the offline stores.
- Establish a solid channel strategy, which ensures synergies between all channels
- Ensure brand consistency across all Clicks-&-Mortar channels
- Approach the human 5-senses in an online environment - and build the brand at the same time
- Create a local or worldwide Clicks-&-Mortar branding platform, which take cultural, differences into consideration
- Approach the new generation Y
- Prepare for the future consumer trends
About Martin Lindstrom